Monday, January 16, 2012

2nd Saturday...

in Sacramento turned out to be a blast. I went toMartin Hsu's "Dragon Boy" show at Dragatomi. I got to chat with him and the designer toy sculptor, Vin Teng. Extreme talent, I might say. According to them, the final piece will be ready by Comic Con. Hopefully I'll be able to go this year, even if it's just for one day.
Here's a pic of the prototype. Sorry for the crappy photo, but all I had was my cell phone on me.

I bought Martin's book, Multi Grain. I love it when artists draw a little doodle inside! One day, I'll get to do that, too! lol




Lastly, I bought another vinyl to work on. Hooray! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one, but I'll start prepping it today. You can't really tell from the pictures, but somehow this little guy came with  two right arms. I think someone might have opened the box, because he wasn't wrapped in plastic when I opened it. I'm a bit miffed about that, but oh well. Like I said, you can't really tell. 

And that's all she wrote...

2 comments:

Donna S. said...

Hello Christina! This is Donna, I tried e-mailing you but I guess I'm typing your e-mail wrong because it won't send =(

I wanted to let you know it was great meeting you this past weekend @ the show! hopefully we can get together again =D If you don't mind, maybe you can please drop me an e-mail - donna.salonga at gmail

Xavier Yabut said...

Great work Christina! :D Can't wait to see what you'll come up with for 2012!