Monday, April 7, 2014

Kraken Con!

Hooray! My first post in a llllloooooooonnnnggg while! Just wanted to mention the recent highlight of this past weekend.

Kraken Con. It was my first time ever exhibiting at a con on my own and second time exhibiting at a con ever. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I did a pretty decent job setting up my table and overall I did fairly well. I do plan on doing more cons, but as for mainly Anime, I'll have to think about it. Honestly, I'm not too keen on all the happenings of the Anime world, so I felt a wee bit out of place. That's not to say I'm ruling them out completely; I'll probably just stick to one a year. But moving right along...

I had a good time. Met new people, saw a few familiar ones. And the cosplay was awesome. I wish I had some pictures, but unfortunately, I didn't take any for fear of using up my phone battery which I thought I was going to need to run my Square app. Turns out, only one person ended up charging their card. Awww, poo...oh well. Big shoutout to Hailey (or is it Haley? I'm sorry if I'm spelling your name wrong!) and Mary and Allen from Tirrivee Creations for being awesome table neighbors.

So for those of you who have been wondering what the heck I've been up to all this time, I ask that you please go take a gander at my Instagram account. That's pretty much my go to account for all things up to date on me, at least art-wise. With so many social media outlets that I have accounts for, trying to update them on a regular basis can be extremely time consuming. So I apologize.

And that's all she wrote for now...

No comments: