Tuesday, March 2, 2010

m.i.a. no longer

soooo...i guess you've been wondering where i've been...honestly, no where...i've been a lazy butt when it comes to the artwork...but due to my current dire circumstances, i now have a fire lit under my ass to get somewhere with what i want to do...ever since i went to Comic Con last year, i've had this itching feeling that that's where i need to be...that's where i belong...but not as a pimple-faced geek or a Star Wars fangirl...but as an artist, a designer, an illustrator...enough with the 9-5, minimum wage bs...

with this new found appreciation for my career goal, i've worked on a few new pieces and doodles here and there...and i'm finally, and i mean FiNALLY, working on my website...i'd say it's about 80% done...here's a sneak peak...



my goal is to get it done before Wonder Con so just in case i bump into any fellow artists and exchange info, they get to see what my stuff is all about...my other goal for this year is to become a member of Girls Drawing Girls (yyyeeee! =D)...I love the artwork produced by all the awesome ladies and i know i can do it too...i just have to step up my game and get a little risque with my stuff...i've already done one watercolor piece, but i'm not liking it very much...

so for this year, i have a full plate...just pretty much producing more artwork and getting my name out there and networking like a madman *ugh*....let's see what happens *crossing fingers*

No comments: