Friday, March 11, 2011

Hi!

Howdy everyone! I'm back! Sorry for the long hiatus, but February was definitely a hectic month for me and I'm just now able to hunker down and do a little drawing here and there.

What have I been doing, you ask? Welp, in a nutshell, I got a new job and moved (again) all within a month. Do I like the new job? *Meh* But that's a whole different story that I won't get into. Let me just say that I'd definitely rather be doing artwork all day long... Speaking of which, to any freelancer out there who is reading this, I pose a question to you: Can you give me any advice, tips, tricks, etc. on jumping into the freelance world? HELP ME PLEASE!! Thanks and I will forever be grateful for your hospitality!

Moving right along, I've been motivating myself to do some artwork because remember what I said in my previous post? This is the year of yes I can! In this week alone, I did 2 1/2 illustrations (1/2 because one is more a doodle than an actual finished piece). Unfortunately, I can't show the 2 just yet because they are birthday presents for dear friends, and this blog posts to my Facebook in which they can automatically see it on my wall. But I can show the 1/2 piece:




This one I did in memoriam of my beloved kitty, Minnie. Thursday was the 3 year anniversary of her passing. I still miss her so much. =.(

And since I'm on a somber note, I would like to say that my <3 and prayers go out to those in Japan and anyone else who has been greatly affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Please stay safe and the world is with you.

Boy, am I tired, but I will strive to bring you more doodles and drawing next week! Ciao for now =)

1 comment:

Xavier Yabut said...

I like your characters! They're always fun and colorful.