Friday, October 29, 2010

It's been a month...

...since I've last posted. Sorry, I'm just not into this blogging thing like I used to be. I guess that will be one of my new year's resolutions to work on. (Yes, it's almost that time again...blah)

Anywho, I've actually got a couple of pictures to post. The first set is from APE which happened a couple weekends ago in San Francisco. Boy, did I enjoy it. It definitely had much more of an intimate atmosphere compared to the other cons I've been to. And there was walking and breathing room! lol Unfortunately, I had to limit myself to only $100 spending money. But I was happy with what I got. I also got to chat it up with a couple of my favorite artists: Nidhi Chanani and Pascal Campion. Those two are awesome! Hopefully, if I crack the whip on myself and start churning out some artwork, I'll set up a table next year. (Another thing to add to my resolutions list!)

From top to bottom, left to right: Bill Presing, Sho Murase (and the "Heroine" book), Fiona Meng, Danni Shinya Luo, and Liana Hee,
Nidhi and Pascal prints


I love Bill Presing's artwork!
I was soooooo excited when I saw him drawing this on the inside!

The next pic is actually a piece I did a long time ago. My friend e-mailed me a couple weeks ago asking if I had any Asian inspired artwork that she could borrow for an event she's having. I had to do a little digging through all my old artwork, but I was able to find it. It's done with Caran D'ache. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's like a watercolor crayon. I'm not a super fan of using it, but I actually like the way it turned out with this piece. So I'm dropping off Mr. Buddha this weekend and hopefully he might find a happy new owner who'd like to buy him!


As you can see, I scrubbed out the background because honestly, I didn't like it at all.


 And lastly, I have a cute little Halloween pic. I actually did it a couple weeks ago as a demo piece at work. I didn't know what to paint, so I just came up with it on the fly. I figured I'd post it just in time for Sunday. So with that being said, Happy Halloween to everyone and I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend! Eat tons of candy, too! =D

1 comment:

Xavier Yabut said...

Looks like you collected a lot of fun books! I really like your illustrations you posted!